We have completed recruitment for both the BD Veritor and Roche kits.
As more devices or kits are added, the study team will notify you and this page update with the details.
RAPTOR: Information for clinicians and test sites
[14 July 22] IMPORTANT: URGENT Field safety notification - product removal BD Veritor plus analyser. Click here for details.
- [29 Nov 22] updated study protocol to version 7.
- [06 Sep 22] updated study protocol to version 6.2
- [23 June 22] updated study protocol to version 6.1
- [24 Feb 22] Updated study protocol to version 6.
- [18 Jan 22] IMPORTANT: The BD Veritor System is the subject of a field safety notice and for safety it should only ever be used with the power supply provided. Read more here (MHRA notification) and here (BD URGENT: FIELD SAFETY NOTICE.
Contact us via email on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or comments and a member of the team will get back to you.
Serious Adverse Events (SAEs)
In the event of an SAE occurring, please contact RAPTOR@phc.ox.ac.uk for further instructions on how to report an SAE.
Please ensure no patient or patient identifiable information is included in the email.
Tips for maximising recruitment
We asked high-recruiting sites for their tips on how they go about maximising recruitment.
Got a tip? email us at email@example.com
All you need for your RAPTOR work
|RAPTOR Training||RAPTOR Documents|
|1.||Introduction to RAPTOR||1.||Study protocol (v7)|
|2.||Guide to recruiting to RAPTOR and interview with a recruiting practice||2.|
Patient information leaflets (and translations)
Test Centre specific Patient Information leaflets [Eng, Cym, PL] (.zip)
|3.||Connecting the PHC Trials Tablet to WiFI or 4G||3.||Frequently Asked Questions|
|4.||4.||Recruiting site delegation log|
RAPTOR Quick test reference
(Can be completed manually then entered into uMed later)
|6.||6.||GP Practice information pack |
(.zip containing: consent forms, PIS, GP agreement, letter of approval from HRA among others)
|Diagnostic (IVD) test training and downloads|
|ROCHE SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen test|
|ROCHE 'SARS-CoV-2 Rapid antigen test' user guide and information (.zip)|
|SARS-CoV-2 Rapid antigen test video user guide (YouTube)|
|2.||BD Veritor™ Plus System for rapid COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) testing|
RAPTOR-C10 BD Veritor Training video
LumiraDx SARS-CoV-2 & Flu A/B
[04 May 2022] Uploaded new general guide, GP practice Info pack, added new point of care test (lumiradx) and associated docs)
[15 Jul 2021] Uploaded Welsh and Polish translations of the Testing Centre specific Patient Information Sheets and printable CRF
[02 Jun 2021] Updated Raptor general guide to include information on where to find RAPTOR site ID and participant IDs.
[31 Mar 2021] Updates study protocol to version 5 and added Test Centre specific patient information leaflets (all English, translations coming soon).
[04 Feb 2021] Updated Study protocol to version 4
[11 Jan 2021] Updated Study protocol to version 3
[15 Dec 2020] Added instructions for connecting the Android Tablets to the internet using a 4G sim card
[17 Nov 2020] Updated Portuguese Patient information leaflets (.zip file)
[05 Nov 2020] Updated uMed User Guide to newest version
[28 Oct 2020] Updating remain translations of Adult and young people's information leaflets in downloadable .zip files.
[21 Oct 2020] Minor update / corrections to English Adult and young people's information leaflets.
Added links to ROCHE 'SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test' guides and video. Removed training for SD Biosensor IVD.
[01 Oct 2020] Added Arabic and Hindi patient information leaflet translations.
[23 Sept 2020] Added section with translations of patient information leaflets in Bengal, Chinese, French, Polish, Portuguese, Punjabi, Somali and Urdu.
[09 Sept 2020] Updated protocol to version 2.0, added link to training video for SD Biosensor IVD.
[26 Aug 2020] Added this webpage for clinician study support resources.
- [11 Oct 21] REMINDER: BD Veritor consumables will be / have gone out of date on the 12th October.
- [12 Aug 21] Delay to virology and serology results: At the moment serology and virology results are being returned later than as stated in the Patient Information leaflets. This is not something in our control, and is variable at the moment, but we expect this to be resolved in the next few weeks.
- Extended expiry dates for BD Veritor™ System for Rapid Detection of SARS-CoV-2 kit, material number: 256089, lot number 0331906
BD have confirmed that it is the kit lot number that the 6-month expiry date extension applies to, and that this extends to all kit components (i.e. it is the LOT number on the box that is important!).
Please see this image to locate the kit lot number (click to expand).
These lots were originally dated with an expiry of 6 months, and data supports a 6-month extension (12 months total). The notification below lists the lot number, currently labelled kit expiry and new kit expiry date.
Click here to download the full notification (.pdf).
- For practices using the BD Veritor Plus system RAPTOR is only recruiting people who have had symptoms that started in the last five days, inline with the manufacturer's instructions for use.
- REMINDER – Roche SARS-CoV-2 Rapid Antigen Test (SD Biosensor Standard Q SARS-CoV-2) Test Product Recall:
All sites have been notified of a product recall for batch number QCO3020076. If you have any remaining stock of this batch please dispose of it appropriately. Please contact the trial team if you have any questions. This recall affects the above noted product only.